Sunday, September 13, 2015

Importance of parents, Taylor Swift's , Josh Groban Bookless lesson ,songs,motivational,



MELODIOUS CLASS 



ITS NOT A MUSIC CLASS BUT A LANGUAGE CLASS!!!
BUT WE LISTEN TO THE SONGS AND SING OUR HEART OUT.
It not only makes the classroom alive enthusiastic and vibrant but enhances my students' vocabulary and fluency as well
  1. Songs and music almost always contain a lot of useful vocabulary, phrases, expressions
  2. If we pick the right song, the language used is casual and actually usable.
  3. Songs are keys that unlock our emotions, influences our moods and enhances our mental and physical well being.
  4. Through songs language gets stuck inside your head.
  5. It works;- There are scientific evidences that demonstrate how music can help second language learners acquire grammar, vocabulary and improve spelling.

Now what made me take this lesson in my class?
would like to share my experience .Ten minutes before the dispersal bell I asked my students to wind up .I heard a girl heaving a huge cold sigh, I thought its a sigh of relief but to my surprise I found her looking intensely at me which forced me to ask"what happened?"
The answer surprised me,"I don't want to go home , i want to remain here in school and talk to you endlessly"

My instant question was "why?"
The answer not only surprised me but shocked me !

"I don't want to go home ,my parents are very authoritative, specially mom,she doesn't love me .she has no time for me, doesn't talk much and orders all the time".

After speaking about this issue with my students ,it became clear to me that  children today are involved in too many activities and are in turn becoming less in touch with themselves and their families  

Fifteen years of teaching and being a mother of two at the same time gives me the opportunity to reach out to numerous teenager students and allows me to introspect too.

The next day's assignment was set 
Assignment - 1 Advice on how to be a good mother.
Assignment - 2 List top 10 things they remembered and loved the most about their parents.
Assignment - 3 Survey and list what kids say about their parents.
Assignment - 4 List top 10 things children children really want their parents to do with them                            

Along with these, songs and lyrics were used as complete the following, fill in the blanks, enjoy the rhythm, imagine Taylor Swift's childhood and compare with their own childhood and jot down their sweet memories and the message they had received. I wanted my students to realize that their parents are the ones who nurture them, guide them, protect them, help them attain their dreams, provide them with everything that they need and do so much more than words can describe.


  




When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary
When troubles come and my heart burdened be
Then I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me

•You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

•There is no life - no life without it's hunger
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly
But when you come and I am filled with wonder
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity


•You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be

•You raise me up so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be
You raise me up to more than I can be



Josh Groban - You Raise Me Up Lyrics
.

No comments:

Post a Comment